Saturday, March 01, 2008

SWEET SIXTEEN, BITTER FOUR

This week, we say goodbye to Alexandréa Lushington, Alaina Whitaker, Jason Yeager, and Robbie Carrico. I can't say much about these people because mainly they're not bad singers. They can sing but I guess it all boils down to the right choice of song to perform.

It's been two weeks and from what I can see, it's not important if you love the song. What's important is that you should impress the judges and the people. A lot of them would say, "I really love that song and I'm glad I was able to sing it here," only to find out that their performance would suffer and the judges would just call it mediocre.

What the judge are looking for are performances wherein the contestants can showcase their talent. If they can belt, they should choose songs with high notes. If they're good with blues, they should use that as an advantage. It's good to take risks but make sure that you can make it. I say Asiah did a very big risk by singing a Celine Dion classic (All By Myself). She almost didn't make it. That's what I'm talking about. You can take risks but make sure you're better than the original.

No comments: